The basic and important thing is for you to produce / write great content / articles, (content that has relevance and value to your target audience) then you can get more people to link to it. You have to earn them. Search engines will then rate your website as one of authority – a go to website for information of a particular field/category. (Backlinks can also be called hyperlinks, incoming links, inbound links, or just links-they all mean the same thing and are also dofollow backlinks)
You can get quality backlinks in the following ways:
1. Article Marketing
- only do article marketing on relevant websites;
- submit your articles to reputable and quality article directories that are well established and have authority in search engines;
- make effective use of anchor text when trying to promote your website through article marketing;
2. Social Media
- Many social bookmarking and social networking sites have a high page rank. This rank will flow to your account.
- You can get a lot of quality backlinks by making use of social bookmarking and social networking sites.
3. Press release
- If properly done, you can get a lot of quality backlinks from press release sites because they are supplying content to a lot of smaller sites. This means more exposure and more quality backlinks for you.
- You should make sure you have a newsworthy and attractive title. This will make more people interested in your press release.
4. Document Sharing Sites
- A great way to get quality backlinks to your site is by submitting your articles and eBooks to document sharing websites.
- You can do this by compiling your blog posts as PDF files and uploading them to file sharing websites (thereby leaving a backlink to your website).
5. Guest blogging
- Guest blogging is another great way to build quality one-way backlinks to your website. Unlike article marketing, the backlinks built through guest blogging are usually of high quality and authority.
- This is because blogs you will be guest posting for should be those that are highly trusted by Google. You need to identify sites that might take your guest post by scoping out your competitors’ guest posts. You do this by starting an advanced Google search, using the author’s name in quotation marks and the words “guest post” also in quotation marks. Include the author’s home domain with a minus sign in front so all those results will be excluded. Example: “Jay Baer” + “guest post” – jaybaer.com – convinceandconvert.com
- If your competitor has already been featured on a site, there’s a good chance the same site will take you, too. Now that you’ve tracked down some sites, pitch to them via their “write for us” form or email the editor.
- This method can work to your advantage if you only write meaningful comments of value to the readers. Note that No-follow comments are useless for building backlinks.
7. Find great content and improve on it.
Make it better by – updating on the information; make it a longer – add new information, make it visually stunning – insert relevant interesting / illustrative images – eg. gif images. Then distribute it to the proper channels.